Senior has her life figured out

Senior has her life figured out

Senior Daviney Dreckman has many plans for her future. She is planning to go into the Nursing Program at Jamestown University where she will have a full-ride paid scholarship to also play basketball.

When Daviney first moved to New Ulm during her 7th-grade year, she didn’t know what she all had ahead of her joining a new school. She decided early on that she wanted to be out there and be involved in as much as she could. So, she joined student council right away in Middle School. She also started playing basketball and realized she was very good at the sport.

As her years progressed, she kept working her way up to becoming the best version of herself. When high school came around, she got voted into Student Council and now in her Senior year, she is the Student Council President of the school. “I think this is a really cool accomplishment of mine because I never expected to be such a leader for the school until I really put forth my effort and realized what I wanted in life,” Daviney said.

Along with continuing to be a school leader, Daviney also kept up on her basketball career. She played up on varsity within her first high school year and started to show improvements in knowing how to handle the ball. She has had many scouts watch her as she has also played for other teams like AAU in the summer.

While being watched, there was one school that grabbed her attention. That school was Jamestown University. “I of course kept my options open and looked around for many schools that I would like, but when Jamestown offered me a full-ride scholarship to play for them, I no longer questioned my decision on where I wanted to go,” she said.

As Daviney prepares herself to move 5 hours from home, she thinks about the great opportunity she gets to experience. She also prepares herself for what speech she is going to have to prepare for her fellow classmates on the day they all walk the stage.