Senior college spotlight

It’s time to meet your seniors and their colleges
Mya, Daviney and Savannah enjoying their Senior moment

Searching for the perfect college is not for the weak.

New Ulm seniors are searching and applying for the perfect college where they know they would benefit the most. A couple of seniors were asked about their experiences at New Ulm, the colleges they want to go to and their plans after High School. Each senior is different in their own way and it is incredible seeing them get ready for college!

Seniors
Savannah Revering
Savannah Revering

This is Savannah Revering and she has been going to NUHS for three years. Savannah told us about the impact NUHS has made on her. "The impact New Ulm High School has had on me is good because it taught me how to be more open and less shy and that change can be good." As we all know graduation is coming up and this is how she is feeling about it. "My feelings about graduation are very mixed. One part of me is very excited to go out and be in the real world and the other half is scared and doesn't want to grow up." Lastly, she was asked where she plans on going after high school. You can catch Savannah at Minnesota Southeast College (MSC) studying to be an Esthetician.

Daviney Dreckman
Daviney Dreckman

Meet Daviney our senior class president. Daviney told us "New Ulm Public High School has helped shape me into the person that I am today. The teachers and peers here have helped me by guiding me when I have to make a difficult decision and listening to me when I need someone to talk to. New Ulm Public Schools has always pushed me academically and has prepared me for my upcoming years." NUHS has really had a huge impact on her. Daviney was asked how she felt about graduation coming up in 5 months. "I have a bittersweet feeling about graduation. I am excited to see what the next chapter in my life holds but I am also sad that I will be leaving such a good, fun, and memorable one behind," Daveney said. The question we are all wondering is where is she going after high school? "After graduation, I am attending the University of Jamestown to continue to play basketball. While I am there, I will be pursuing a degree in nursing with the intent of becoming a Pediatric RN someday."

Mya Hames
Mya Hames

Meet Mya Hames, she is super sweet and bubbly. Mya informed us about the impact that NUHS left on her. "New Ulm High School has impacted my life not only academically but socially as well. I have enjoyed making memories in classes with my friends, going to sporting events, and learning from my teachers. I feel that I am ready to move onto higher education and well-prepared to enter adulthood." Mya answered how she felt about graduation with mixed emotions. "I'm feeling excited and sad to graduate. I'm excited because I'm ready to start a new chapter in my life. I'm sad because I've grown up with my classmates and see them every day and after graduation, I won't see them, we will all be going our separate ways." Mya plans on attending Mankato State University (MSU). She plans on getting a major in elementary education, and she said, "I'm super excited to start this new journey but also very nervous. I'm excited to start this new journey because I can't wait to meet new people and be in a new environment. I'm nervous because it will be something new that will have a great impact on my life with multiple opportunities for my future." Lastly, Mya has a few words for current freshmen. "My advice to current freshmen is to enjoy high school, it goes by in the blink of an eye. I remember freshmen year like it was yesterday, and now I'm finishing up my last fall semester at NUHS."