NUHS 2023 Wrapped

Looking back on all of the memories of the 2023 school year.
NUHS 2023 Wrapped

With our 2023 school year coming to a close, we have all accomplished so much and have much more to accomplish in the 2024 year. It’s time to look back and reminisce about our past year with memories and opinions from all around our school.

For some, this year has been the first at New Ulm High School. New Ag Teacher Ms. Covington says her favorite part about teaching is being home at her old high school and being about to teach her favorite subject while being hands-on working in the greenhouse.

“When I was in high school we didn’t have Battle of the Classes, so that was something new to me, and . . . was something very fun for the kids and stuff,” Covington said.

Ms. Covington said the only change is constantly switching classrooms; however, overall it has been a good first semester at our school.

New teachers and we alike are excited and optimistic about what the new year holds and ready to take on challenges and events that are coming our way.

Memories of 2023
Freshman - Jaxon Hage
Freshman - Jaxon Hage

"My favorite memory of 2023 was my football season. I really enjoyed spending time with my teammates whether on the field or enjoying dinner and quality time. It was also a very good experience helping out during the Varsity games and getting the feeling of what it is like when players are more than just a team," Jaxon said. Being his first year it was hard to narrow down to just one favorite moment or memory of the year. "I also really enjoyed Homecoming week, especially BOTC, and Turkey BINGO because of all of the excitement," said Jaxon.

Sophomore - Kaylee Evans

"My favorite part of this school year is the homecoming dance. It is so fun to be with all of your friends after the football game, dancing and singing. When everyone made a circle and Fransisco got in the middle and started break dancing we all had the best time. It’s so great that everyone can be together and have fun during homecoming," Kaylee said.

Junior - Katelyn Schumacher
Junior - Katelyn Schumacher

"I would have to say my favorite part of this year was being in the fall musical. It was a great time to spend with my friends messing around backstage and creating memories."

Senior- Nick Vigil
Senior- Nick Vigil

"This year for me my favorite memory has been going to the many different basketball games, especially the home games with friends. I enjoy being loud in the squadron and cheering on our team, it's insane to see how much the team improves every year, I will definitely miss this when I graduate!"

2023 Fab Fives

And with that, our 2023 school year has come to an end…

until next year…