Trap Shooting

Trap Shooting is the newest addition to NUHS, after many meetings and consideration it was a go to the spring sports teams.  Trap Shooting has been coming up in meetings for a very long time, but parents and teachers have been voting against it until a couple of years ago.  The big thing that stopped them from making the team a go, was that parents and teachers did not like the fact that students would have guns, but all the students that take part in this sport all have firearm safety training. Going along with firearm safety, on the first day of practice, the coaches go over all the safety rules the students will need to know, and they explain the right and wrong way to hold your gun while waiting for your turn. Once shooting starts, the students immediately start training for state. They give us tips and tricks to getting the best results at state and for an over all good season.  In Image result for clay targetsJune 2016 the team took part in their first ever competition, in Alexandria, MN. They got two trophies, they got highest average male, and overall high score. Everyone is encouraged to come out and try trap shooting.  There will be a meeting February 23rd at 5:30 in room 125,. This is an informational meeting and sign-up.