Baking for donations

FFCLA students bake and sell desserts for donations
FCCLAs bake-sale stand in the Armory
FCCLA’s bake-sale stand in the Armory
Summer Clark

On Oct 17,  FCCLA met up to discuss their plans for the bake sale they do every year at the Armory.

From the meeting, they were able to decide what they were baking. Some of the desserts being made by the students were their infamous chocolate chip cookies, no-bake bars, and mini apple pies. The students baked diligently throughout the weeks to get all the batches done before the November event.

Carl Allen, who runs the Armory, helps out with FCCLA’s booth when the students and teacher are unable to come in and sell the desserts. “I think it’s important to get the program out there,” Allen said. Few people know much about FFCLA because the program doesn’t have a lot of money to promote it like other programs might.

Making Pumpkin Muffins for the bake sale (Summer Clark )

FCCLA will be selling all their baked goods at the New Ulm Armory, which takes place at the beginning of November.

The money made from the sale will be put into the Budget for FCCLA, which helps pay for hotel fees, national dues, prizes for Santa’s closet, and buying card supplies for senior citizens.

“I think having the bake sale definitely helps, having some sweets along the day as you go from stop to stop is important,” Allen said, and as a bonus it brings in more business for the Armory.