Getting creative at NUHS

Ms. Page’s drawing and painting class appeals to a wide variety of students
Class working on Projects
Class working on Projects

Students at NUHS can enroll in a semester-long Drawing and Painting class after they have taken Art Foundations, in which they show their skills in drawing and painting with different techniques and designs.

Drawing and Painting has one section offered this semester. Pictured are Abi and Brelynn working on their summative project.

This class has many projects that you go through, some being summative and some being formative. The formative ones are the more basic ones where you are just starting to learn how to use the techniques. The summative ones end up taking more than one technique that you have learned and making art out of the requirements you are given for it.

“I love being creative and seeing what I can come up with and make in this class,” Senior Abigayle Mathiowetz said. If you come up with unique projects, they will go out into the display case for the rest of NUHS students and staff to see.

Drawing and Painting is the right class if you enjoy being creative and seeing what you can come up with through the techniques you are given. “I never realized I could come up and draw some of the things I have made,” Sophomore Brelynn Schmid said. “This class opens up new ideas for you and to see something you never knew you could make.”