Falling into autumn

The season of watching Gilmore Girls, drinking pumpkin spice lattes, and jumping into piles of colorful leaves.
The colorful trees outside of NUHS attract many students.
Leanna Brown

As October comes to an end, many students at NUHS are thrilled at the prospect of the incoming cold weather.

It’s apparent that many NUHS students are excited about autumn. As temperatures drop, the school hallways are becoming filled with UGG boots, puffer jackets, and other cold-weather apparel. Many students are participating in various fall-themed activities outside of school.

Colorful trees at Great River Bluffs State Park (Leanna Brown)

Senior Megan Hames is one student who is especially in tune with the autumnal atmosphere. She recently went on a trip to the Wisconsin Dells during MEA break, where she truly embraced the spirit of the season. Visiting a pumpkin patch, making her way through a corn maze, and hiking in the woods were just a few of the fall activities she participated in.

“The colors were even prettier as we got further north,” Hames said. “They made the trip even more memorable.”

However, the fall season will not stick around forever. Late October and early November forecasts are predicting 30-degree temperatures and even the possibility of snow. As Minnesotans, we all know that the state has two main seasons: winter and construction. Winter weather can begin as early as October and last up until April. Even though many students are currently immersed in the fall [vibes], they will soon need to set their sights on the upcoming winter weather. Senior Noah Engel is already thinking ahead about some of his upcoming winter activities.

“I’m excited to get back on the wrestling mat and start working hard. We have a lot of potential this year with a strong senior class,” Engel said.