New Teacher

New+Teacher

With all the transitioning and moving around in the different schools, many new jobs have come about. There is a new freshman and sophomore teacher in the English department. Her name is Ms. Thomas. I interviewed and asked her about her thoughts on teaching here and her response was “after my interview, I felt like it was a great place and the students seemed to be the focus of all the teachers attention. I felt like as a new teacher, I would be supported and get to explore many new ideas.” Ms. Thomas then gave a little background on her teaching career and what I found was quite interesting: “ I student taught at King of Kings in Roseville, which is an elementary and middle school, and then I taught at Concordia Academy, a Lutheran high school in Roseville. The reason I taught there was because I originally planned on being a Lutheran classroom teacher.” Ms. Thomas chose to stay, teach, and live here because, “New Ulm has a great historic character to it and I just love walking downtown. The school systems are great and the people in the schools and town are so friendly and nice. The students are nice and work really well together, and that is why I chose to live and work in New Ulm.” Ms. Thomas has been a great addition to the teaching staff and will hopefully continue working here for a long time!