Senior of the Week

Female senior of the week Meleah Reinhart playing her favorite sport. Meleah said that her favorite sport would have to be basketball. She has been in basketball the longest out of all her sports she participates in and shares a passion for the sport with her dad.

Meleah has participated in Basketball, Tennis, and Softball throughout her high school career. She has been in Basketball since kindergarten, Tennis since 8th grade, and Softball since first grade but chose not to participate in softball in her Sophomore and Junior year of high school.

Meleah is a member of the National Honors Society and currently works at Hy-Vee. She just recently started to work at Oak Hills Living Center.

Meleah feels very proud having recently received the Senior Athlete of the Year for New Ulm Public. She said that it shows hard work truly does pay off and reminds her of all the times she doubted herself. Meleah said that doubting herself made her a stronger and better player both mentally and physically because it pushed her to do better.

Male Senior of the week Cooper Yackley shown playing his favorite sport above. Cooper is a four sport athlete which include the following: Football, Basketball, Baseball, and Track. Cooper’s favorite sport is also Basketball because he says you can get a pick up game going almost anywhere and all the moves you can do to score or pass are very fun.

Cooper has been lettered in all his sports but in Football he has the most letters with four varsity letters. He has also lettered three years in Basketball and Baseball, as well as two years in Track.

Cooper is also a member of the National Honors Society and also the Rotary Club.  He works a summer job at Christensen Farms.

Cooper was the other athlete who was picked to represent the High School by being nominated the Senior Athlete of the Year. He says that receiving this award is a real honor and makes him happy to know that all of his hard work has payed off. His family, friends, coaches, and teammates also pushed him to become the best he could.

These are New Ulm Public High Schools two athletes nominated for the Senior Athlete of the Year award. There was a total of six athletes nominated for this award, two from MVL, two from Cathedral, and two from Public. We are very proud of Meleah and Cooper for their accomplishments.