Backpacks During the School Day

Many students like the idea of being able to carry a backpack during the school day, since it would take a load off of you when carrying your needed essentials to class everyday. If students got to carry backpacks to class they could keep things like pencils, pens,a planner, a calculator, and anything else they may need. Then all you would have to carry with you is your text book for that class.

There are always two sides to every story. The students’ side of the story would be that it would make getting to classes easier and more efficient if you have everything with you. You wouldn’t have to worry about ever forgetting things in your lockers again. It would be getting us ready for college when you carry a backpack almost every where you go. The teacher side of this is that it can become a safety issue, that students could carry things that are not allowed in class, and that they could be a distraction when it comes to teaching. There is also the fact that the hallways are already tight and adding backpacks could pack the hallways even more.  Some people say that carrying backpacks causes bad posture, and some say that is just a myth. This topic is arguable on both sides, but for me, hopefully one day carrying backpacks in school will be allowed.Image result for backpacks in classrooms