Ella Landsteiner

Senior Varsity Basketball player Bryn Nesvold ready for her second basketball practice of the day this Monday at New Ulm Highschool.

One last season

Senior Bryn Nesvold is ready for practice for her last season of high school basketball as an eagle at New Ulm High School.

Senior Bryn Nesvold is on her 5th and final year of varsity basketball as an Eagle at New Ulm High School. Nesvold has been on varsity since her 8th-grade season. She started playing basketball in 4th grade and never looked back.

Nesvold faced an ACL injury back in 2020 which affected her junior season last winter. She was on the tail end of her recovery during her last season, and she was eventually able to step foot back on the court last year. Once she was cleared to play by her doctor she saw lots of playing time.

Bryn Nesvold in action shooting a free throw in a previous varsity basketball game from 2 years ago at our home court in the New Ulm High School. (Ella Landsteiner)

Katie Wilker, another senior basketball player, said, “You could barely tell Bryn was out over half the season. When she was able to play again the whole team was so excited.”

This was shown in the Eagle’s first playoff game last year when the Eagles, number 7 seed, faced Mankato West Scarlets, number 2 seed. The Eagles were able to come out on top against the Scarlets and knock them out of section play. Nesvold helped play a part in this game to pull off this upset against the Scarlets.

Here’s what Bryn recently had to say: “This season I am most excited for being a leader on the court as a senior, and to kick a– and take names.”

The outlook for the girl’s eagles basketball team is strong this year. Their first game of the season is Thursday, November 29 at 7:30 pm versus Tri-City United at the New Ulm High School gymnasium.