Shaun Moldan

Ms. Mosher (right) and Jayden Ludwig (left) pose in the school store.

School store fun

Students have fun working in the school store.

Students at New Ulm High School in Ms. Mosher’s fifth-hour Intro to Business class are required to work in the school’s store where they learn the different parts of running a business.

Ms. Mosher in the school store. (Shaun Moldan)

The store sells different New Ulm Eagles themed products such as shirts, hoodies, socks, sunglasses, and many other items.

The store is located in the main commons and has been open since the school’s construction in 2016 and has been organized by Ms. Mosher since 2019. “I enjoy it because it exposes students to a real-life learning experience,” said Mosher.

Every student has to work a minimum of 6 hours throughout the semester, half of the hours working as a manager and the other half as an employee.

Students have different responsibilities such as inventory, advertising, designing, bookkeeping, and many others. “The time I’ve spent here has been very valuable and has given me insight on the inner workings of running a business,” Senior Jayden Ludwig said. Ludwig helps with bookkeeping for the store which includes documenting all transactions and keeping accurate records. “Working in the school store is the most fun I’ve had in a long time,” Sophmore Henry Waloch said when asked about his time spent in the store.