Eagles in the workforce

Students taking over Menards
Hunter Lewandowski and Gavin Schaefer at work in Menards
Austin Nosbush

Hunter Lewandowski and Gavin Schaefer are New Ulm High School students that work at Menards

These students aren’t your typical Fortnite players all day after school. These students, when they get done with school, their day aint over: they go and grind out hard labor work at Menards. Hunter works in the outside yard and Gavin is a stockman and cart attendant. These two jobs are the “hardest most back-breaking jobs at Menards,” Gavin and Hunter declared.

Hunter and Gavin are hard at work at Menards

Gavin has been working at Menards for the past two years. “This job is full of life lessons and teaches you about hard work and helps you know good things don’t come easy,” he said. On the other hand, Hunter has been working at Menards for the past year and three months. “I hate this job for when it is hot outside in the summer I’m in the wood barn just grinding out and pushing lumber into their places, but if there is one thing I learned from working here is that if you dedicate your work and all aspects of life you will never fail,” Hunter said.

Hunter said he works at Menards because “it is a good paying job with good hours and you get to work with good co-workers and friends.”  Gavin said, “I would highly recommend this job to any of my friends for this is a good first job that can teach you a lot about life lessons.”