Hunter Ranweiler

Door 14. NUHS showing their school spirit with a large door sticker on the doors facing the football field.

New decals around school look to spark eagle pride

NUHS Activities Director, Troy Guentzel answers some questions about the custom decals located around the school as well as some future plans on how he is going to bring back school pride.

February 12, 2018

Recent work on the New Ulm Public High School leads to better visualization and school pride. Decals around the school have been added to walls, doors, and entryways. The decals were applied over Christmas break by the company B.I.P. Since then, many comments and compliments have been given to student athletes, teachers, and staff. In this article, we will give you a little insight on the new decals.

A reason that NUHS Activities Director Troy Guentzel gave was to promote school pride. He said: “This is a new school, it’s kinda like a blank canvas, but you gotta start small. Adding things like this provides a little envy for other schools when they come into town. And I want you guys to be proud of your school.” And it’s not the end – AD Guentzel plans to add more decals to some of the entrances as well as the locker rooms and wrestling room.

Mr. Guentzel also gave us his personal opinion on the decals. He gave us many reasons why he liked the idea of decals around the school. He seemed to make it clear to us that a huge reason behind the decals was to promote the school itself, as well as school pride and spirit. He believes it gives the students and athletes a feeling of support. Support is very important in high school or any level of sports for that matter. It gives the athletes and students confidence to their work or game.

Overall, the door decals make the school look more professional and organized. It promotes the fighting eagles and school spirit. We believe that it inspires, helps with creativity, and passion. The decals around the school have made a great impact on daily lives of students, staff, and athletes.