NUHS Welcomes a New Face

The New Ulm High School adds a new member to the secretary staff.

THE+RIGHT+CALLING+-+Mrs.+Lindsay+Fischer+realizes+she+has+found+her+true+passion+helping+students+and+staff+as+a++NUHS+seceratary.+

Kaiya Gieseke

THE RIGHT CALLING – Mrs. Lindsay Fischer realizes she has found her true passion helping students and staff as a NUHS seceratary.

As you walk through the office at the New Ulm High School you see a smiling new face greeting students and guests as they enter the building. The new addition to the eagles secretary staff, Mrs. Lindsay Fischer, brings not only positive energy but great work experience to the staff as well.

Fischer pursued a career in Cosmetology immediately after graduation from the New Ulm Cathedral High School. After six years as a hairstylist in the cosmetology field, she decided to continue her education by pursuing a degree in Administrative Office Management at South Central College (SCC) in Mankato to obtain her Associate’s Degree. After graduation, Fischer decided to continue to push herself by attending Metro State online to obtain her Bachelors degree in Business.

After graduation from Metro State, Fischer took on a position in an accounting office in New Ulm. As she takes on her new job as the school secretary she is experiencing a wide difference in the tasks she is expected to complete and the overall workload she is given. Fischer said, “I get to interact with more people here.”

She has always had a passion for working with others and has always wanted to work at a school. Fischer enjoys the schooling environment and has gotten great satisfaction from working with students of all aspects. She said, “I don’t know how big of an impact I make, but a little is better than none.” She loves that everyday is different and there are constantly new changes happening. Everyone she works with is fun and brings positive energy to work with them each day, and she says that is what makes each day enjoyable.  

“I don’t know how big of an impact I make, but a little is better than none.

— Lindsay Fischer

Lindsay Fischer, high school secretary, helps Elise Webb with a question she has on the upcoming banquet.

Fischer is adapting to the changes that the secretary job brings, as each day she becomes more familiar with the role she is taking on and the students of NUHS. Fischer has already made a difference in the school within the short amount of time she has been here. Senior Emma Gauert says, “I have only been able to talk to her once, but she was very helpful when I forgot my locker combination and needed help.” Fischer is not only there for a job, but for satisfaction of helping others. Another student, Carson Reed, often finds herself in the office. Reed says, “She gives me all my detentions with a smile on her face.” She continues to help students and shape the school into a better place for individuals. 

Fischer has had a wide array of experiences and is knowledgeable in the workforce field. Her advice to seniors is, “If you do not know what you want to do quite yet it is okay. As time goes on you’ll figure it out. I am 31-years-old and still do not know exactly what I want to do with my life.”