New Staff Member~ Mrs Frank

October 30, 2017

With a new school year comes new teachers and Staff Members. One of the new staff members is guidance counselor Mrs. Amanda Frank, who is married and has three children, ages ten, six, and three. At her previous job, she was a counselor at Winthrop High School and living in Fairfax, Minnesota. It took a while for me to get a chance to talk to her and meet her because she was busy meeting with seniors and other students who go to NUHS. When I finally got the chance, I only had 15 minutes to talk with her. By sitting in her room, I had seen some of the things she likes. Her desk was facing toward the window, and she had the perfect view of the drop off zone in front of the building. She had music playing from her computer and a big smile on her face. When I had first sat down, she had asked my grade and my name so she could put it in the computer, and I told her that I was a senior. She looked at me confused and looked at my last name and said, “Oh, okay I have met with all of my seniors already so I was confused, what can I do for you?”   I told her that I needed some information to write a story for the students and the community, so they could know her a little more. ” Ask me anything,”  she said with a big smile. When I asked what made her want to move to this school and town, she said that she wanted to be closer to family, and added “Eight weeks into school and I absolutely love it. I love the staff and students. They have a lot of energy and they are very positive. There is so much respect from the students. With the Staff, there is really good commutation and they are very helpful trying to get me in and settled down here at this school. Everyone in my family is very supportive, and to top it all off, the location makes it all even better because it helps me to be closer to my family.”