Students Taking College Classes

IS+THIS+COLLEGE%3F-+Does+this+look+like+an+ordinary+college+class%3F+It+does+not+look+like+it%2C+but+it+is+actually+the+college+Academic+Writing+class+taught+at+the+high+school.+All+the+college+classes+taught+at+the+high+school+have+a+college+atmosphere%2C+but+still+having+the+high+school+benefits.+

Sierra Dolly

IS THIS COLLEGE?- Does this look like an ordinary college class? It does not look like it, but it is actually the college Academic Writing class taught at the high school. All the college classes taught at the high school have a college atmosphere, but still having the high school benefits.

Students taking college classes are earning college credits for free. On average, a person taking a four-credit college class is saving $1,300 dollars. All of the college classes that are offered at New Ulm High School are taught by the high school teachers. Taking college classes offers students a taste of college while still being in high school.

I asked a couple people what they thought about taking college classes. One student, Britney Hartmann, when asked why she decided to take college classes,  said, “So I can get college credit without having to pay any money.” I also asked Allison Kletscher what she liked most about taking college classes while still in high school and she said,”I don’t have to pay for them and I can have high school teachers teaching them instead of a college professor.” Students get many benefits from taking college classes that will help them in the future. Depending on how many college credits a student earns, they might have the ability to be a semester ahead of everyone else.

Students get many benefits from taking college classes that will help them in the future. Depending on how many college credits a student earns, they might have the ability to be a semester ahead of everyone else before they even set foot on a college campus.