Life Time Activities Class Provides a Variety of Fun Activities

To go along with a new building we have many additions to NUHS this year. Things like new rules, teachers, parking, and classes have taken place. Right now we are placing the spotlight on an interesting new physical education class, Life Time Activities. Mr. Kneeshaw is currently teaching the class this year. If you are interesting in taking the class in the future, you first are required to take “Forever Fit” and you must be in 10-12 grade. This class counts as one high school credit. The NUHS Registration Booklet describes the class, they wrote: “The activities selected in this course will foster a lifelong interest in physical recreation. This is not a competitive atmosphere, but rather an exploratory class where students can experience many different kinds of activities that can be performed at any stage of life, and learn the skills to be able to be successful at them. Some of the activities will take place off campus, and possibly outside of the normal school day, including Saturdays. There may be an additional cost incurred by the student for some activities.” We had the opportunity to explore what the class is all about and watch the class in action. Some of the activities the class has recently done includes volleyball, basketball, yoga, frisbee golf, etc. This class is a great way to grow through physical education and will create new and beneficial experiences.