Clever Coders

Noah Hamelau

Students working hard on their coding.

Eagles soar to new heights as they learn the basics of coding in Mrs. Mosher’s Basic programming class. These students are learning to program with Python, JavaScript, and HTML. Students taking this class use these programming languages to create games and websites. Python and HTML are the easiest to learn but if you can figure out JavaScript, it is very useful.

Example of a website that the students had to create. (Noah Hamelau)

Python is mostly known for it being easy to use and its simplicity. It is used in a variety of fields such as website and software development, data analysis, and data visualization. “Python might be my favorite programming language to use because it is extremely simple,”  said senior Rowan Hansen. “This class is great for introducing programming to students.”

The students in Basic have been creating a variety of projects that use these programming languages. Some websites used by this class are freeCodeCamp, Replit, Hour of Code, and Khan Academy. “Programming has really helped with my problem-solving skills because if something in my code doesn’t work, then I have to find out what the problem is and solve it,” said student Joseph Haag.

The Basic programming class will continue to create wonderful games and websites for the rest of the year. There is no doubt that they will continue to amaze us with their programming.