The freshman class on battle of the classes (Karson Schmid)
The freshman class on battle of the classes

Karson Schmid

New freshies in town

New school means new emotions

October 26, 2022

Class of 26′ are the new babies of the school and they have a lot of mixed feelings about the high school including teachers, classes, and even the upperclassmen.

Megan Gauert, Isabelle Longtin, and Brelynn Schmid (left to right) take a picture before going to class in the new school (Karson Schmid)

The Freshman did however get the first day of school all to themselves to get used to the new school, classes, and teachers. They spent the day learning about the school, knowing where their classes are, and getting a feel of the new place which helped them a lot.

“I was very nervous about going into the new school and being with the upperclassmen but having that extra day calmed my nerves,” Freshman Megan Gauert said.

Many other Freshmen said the same thing about starting school but now they are getting the hang of things. Many of them said that they are excited to see the new teachers and the variety of classes they can now take when they are going through high school. They are stoked to now specialize in their classes and can pick which class they would enjoy and actually find interest in.

Overall the Freshmen are enjoying their time at NUHS and cannot wait to see what the rest of this year brings. They will make many memories for the next four-year-long chapter in their life.