Blacklight Dance Big Success

On Friday February 10th, student council held the first blacklight dance at the new high school. Many students were wearing bright colored shirts with lots of glow sticks. I interviewed a few students, the DJ, and student council advisor Mrs. Gordon.

When I first got there it was hard to get anyone’s attention, the kids were all having too much fun. Eventually I got the attention of senior Kenna Kluis.

“How’s the music tonight?” I asked her.

“Good!!” she screamed

“Do you enjoy school dances?”

“Yes! They’re a good social time!” Kenna said.

Then, I asked her to rate the dance on a scale of one to ten to which she replied ten.

“How is the blacklight? Do you enjoy this more than normal dances?”

“Yes, I love them!” She yelled

Kenna seemed very hyper and enthusiastic, so I let her get back to dancing.

Then, I interviewed the DJ Dan backer. I asked him about how many events he does in a week and he told me that being a DJ isn’t his full time job he; just does it as a fun part time job. He also told me that he has been a DJ for 37 years and his son, Cole Backer, was at this dance. I also asked him what he thought about the dance moves tonight. He said he enjoys blacklight dances and he said the moves were awesome.

My final interview was with Mrs. Gordon, one of the Stud Co advisors. I asked her how the kids were behaving and she said the students are great, and she loves to see such a great turn out. I asked her to comment on the DJ and she replied with nothing but good news. She told me that Dan has been the DJ many times and the kids always enjoy his DJ skills. She also wanted me to add that Stud Co is always looking for feedback and they are open to ideas.

All in all the dance was a huge success and lots of students had a lot of fun.