A Night to Remember

New Ulm High School had their 95th annual prom on Saturday, April 27th. Prom has always been a fun and special day for most of the students. The day consisted of many different activities. The students got all dressed up, took pictures, showed off their look at the grand march, danced the night away and finished it off at the after party. The students turned this year’s theme, A Night in Vegas, into a night to remember.

Ashtyn Wiltscheck
Seniors Madeline Gag, Alex Docherty and Hannah Piotter pose for a picture.

Prom is very special to many students here because of how we differ from other schools. Most schools have multiple fancy dances throughout the year, such as Jobs, Homecoming, and Snowballs. Students at New Ulm only have one night to shine, so they take advantage of it. Senior Carli Botten said, “I think that everyone should go at least one time in their life, because I think it’s something that everyone needs to experience in their high school career.”

Ashtyn Wiltscheck
Seniors Shane Esser and Declyn Flitter have fun at the dance.

The students aren’t the only people who enjoy prom, the staff and community get very involved as well. Anyone in the community can come to the grand march to watch all the students walk around the gym in their fancy clothes. Staff and members of the community can also volunteer to chaperone the dance, along with the after party. Sara Winter was in charge of prom this year. Winter said, “My favorite part about prom is finally seeing it all come together after months of hard work.” All of the hard work paid off, because the students had a night they will never forget.

The Eagle Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in